Writing a genuine “About” page for your insurance agency website
When a new insurance customer or prospect visits your website or blog, there’s a good chance s/he will look for your “Bio” page or your “About us” section to learn more about who you are as a professional. This little page has the power to convert a prospect into a life-long client or deter him or her from ever thinking about doing business with you, so how you represent yourself here is extremely important.
One of my favorite business/marketing bloggers is Seth Godin. In his recent post “Five rules for your About page“, Godin shares his top tips for making a lasting, genuine impression:
1) Talk like a human. Don’t use industry terms that only other insurance agents understand.
2) Use a professional headshot. Don’t use a generic stock photo you found online.
3) Be reachable and available. Don’t offer contact information that doesn’t work.
4) Own your story. Offer a true, genuine narrative that others connect with.
5) Use real testimonials from real people.
How does your About page align with this criteria?
If you’re not following Seth Godin’s blog, I highly recommend clicking here to bookmark his RSS feed so you don’t miss a post!